About Bowen Technique
The Bowen Technique is a gentle and relaxing hands-on therapy in which the therapist using only light pressure makes a series of rolling moves over muscles,tendons, and soft tissue at precise points . These moves release tension in the body and addresses the connective tissue called fascia in order that healing, re-alignment and balance can take place . It helps increase blood and lymphatic circulation and release energy stored in the body. The moves produce good results by penetrating deeply into the tissues making use of the body ‘s ability to heal itself.
The therapist will take short breaks during the treatment between certain moves which enables the body to absorb the information it has received and initiate the healing process . Most problems can be resolved in 1-3 treatments with 5-10 days apart but some long term conditions may require more. Many clients return regularly for” top up” or preventative sessions as this helps the body to function at its best, manage stress and can help prevent new problems from developing . A treatment takes between 45-60 mins.
Bowen is suitable for all people from small babies with colic, children with a range of childhood issues,through to the elderly .
It is highly beneficial to sports people to help speed up recovery and prevent re injury.
Treatment can be performed directly onto the skin with the client in their underwear or if preferred through light clothing . In this case please wear something lightweight and non slippery . A tee shirt and loose trousers or shorts(not jeans) are ideal.
What conditions can Bowen help with?
- Musculoskeletal conditions : Back/neck, /shoulder/ elbow/ wrist/hip/knee/ankle/ pain and any other acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Sports injuries: Speeding up recovery and preventing re injury.
- Sciatica/ whiplash/arthritis /carpel tunnel syndrome/RSI/ frozen shoulder
- Respiratory Conditions: Asthma/ hayfever
- Migraines/headaches/neurological conditions/tinnitus
- Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinsons disease
- Post stroke symptoms
- Anxiety /depression /sleep difficulties/stress
- Digestive conditions : IBS/ colitis/ Infant colic /chrohns/ acid reflux/constipation/indigestion
- Reproductive issues. PMS/irregular cycles/pregnancy
- Children : ADHT/glue ear/bedwetting/emotional issues
- Babies / restlessness/colic/reflux/allergies
The Bowen Therapy is not a substitute for medical advice and treatment. Please consult your doctor if you have any medical concerns